I’m the Officer-in-Charge of a six person Air Force weather team at Camp Victory, Iraq. We support the Commanding General in charge of United States
Forces-Iraq and his staff. Thank you for the treats and gifts you sent.
You brought joy to
- SMSgt James Dixon (hometown – Augusta, GA)
- MSgt Terrance Smiley (hometown – Augusta, GA)
- MSgt Josh Buck (hometown – Wichita, KS)
- TSgt Jon Liska (hometown – Johnstown, PA), SSgt Ryan Snider (hometown – Gomer, OH)
- and me (hometown – Bellevue, NE).
I wanted to send this letter as a simple thank you to you and all the volunteers. The time and effort it took is not lost on us. Also, your kind words and thoughts mean a great deal to all of us. Being away from home for long periods can be very difficult and it’s compounded by the holiday season. Gifts and warm thoughts from back home help immensely.
Thank you for your continued support. Our job in the military can bechallenging. Knowing there are men and women back home who understand and
appreciate some of the sacrifices made is a source of strength and comfort.
Thank you again and Happy Holidays to you and your family.
HOWARD T. MOORE, Capt, USAF
USF-I JOC Staff Weather Officer